Our Commitment to Fast and Fair Service
We provide outstanding claims service to all of our customers. We take our commitment to service seriously and are there for you when the unexpected happens. We know accidents are stressful, so we’ll do everything in our power to make sure settling your claim is as easy as possible.
Helpful Tips to Follow During Emergencies
In the event of a wildfire, round up your family and pets first. Then, follow these tips:
- Remove potentially flammable materials around your home.
- Be ready to soak roofs, shrubs, and trees with water if they’re near your house.
- Close all windows and doors.
- Fill pools, hot tubs, garage cans, or other large containers with water.
- Disconnect garage door openers, so you can still open your garage if the power goes out.
- Keep lights on for visibility in smoky conditions.
- Use your phone or other recording device to create a photographic or video inventory of your property and personal items.
- Keep an eye on social media and news reports so you know the overall situation. Check on your neighbors.
- If you’re evacuated, follow routes dictated by local officials. Wildfire can quickly change direction and your planned exit route may be blocked.
- If you have insurance, don’t hesitate to contact your agent or insurance company in the event of a mandatory evacuation.
- You may have benefits for unplanned additional living expenses and your insurer can help you understand your applicable coverages.
- Keep all receipts while you’re evacuated.
Report a Claim
CSE has made the reporting of your claim easier than ever before. We are here to help 24 hours a day, seven days a week – just a touch, click, or call away.